RLSS RPL Open Water Lifeguard Course. (FOR QUALIFIED BEACH OR POOL LIFEGUARDS), JUNE 3RD & 4TH 2021 , The Lake Kilrea
Covid restrictions will apply
If covid restrictions don't allow practical / Face to face parts of to take place the course will start with remote theory online then new dates will be set to complete the practical and assessment parts of the course.
Thursday 3rd June 10:00 - 12:00 Standard test session
If candidates don’t meet standard required on first test day a full 3 day course is required.
Friday 4th June 10:00 - 17:00 Training & Assessment
The course is for candidates who have a current valid RLSS Beach or Pool Lifeguard qualification and want to use their previous training to transfer to the open water lifeguard qualification.
Section 1 - The Open Water Lifeguard, environment, hazards and supervision.
Section 2 - Responding to an emergency and taking action.
Section 3 - CPR and First Aid.
RPL 7 HRS + assessment
Rlss current Beach lifeguard or Pool lifeguard qualification
- Must be 16 years of age at the date of assessment
- Be able to meet the following criteria:
- Confident in open water
- Able to swim at least 400 metres in a pool/open water swimming continuously on their front and showing urgency
- Able to submerge under the water confidently
- Must complete minimum guided learning hours
- Successfully complete the course assessment
location : The Lake Kilrea