RLSS Full Beach Lifeguard Coursej (NVBLQ) May 17th - 19th & 24th - 26th 2021 (Both Dates)
This product is sold out
Covid restrictions will apply
If covid restrictions don't allow practical / Face to face parts of course to take place the course will start with remote theory online then new dates will be set to complete the practical and assessment parts of the course.
NVBLQ Course Pre-Requisites
Every candidate attending a NVBLQ course must:
◦ Be 16-years-old
◦ Have a good level of fitness
◦ Surface dive to a depth of 1.5 metres
◦ Tread water for two minutes
◦ Climb out of deep water unaided and without steps
◦ Be competent at swimming in the sea
◦ Before the course, candidates must be able to swim at least 200 metres in a pool (of recommended length 25 metres, but no less than 20 metres) in five minutes or less
Covid restricted fitness testing is :
200m Run / 200m swim / 200m run in under 9mins
This is continuous with no break between each part of test.
Beach (Run) and open water (Swim) in minimal surf conditions.
Normal fitness testing
For the assessment, candidates must be able to swim 400 metres in a pool (recommended 25 metres, but no less than 20 metres) in eight minutes or less using a continuous front stroke and showing urgency.
We recommend that 400 metres timed swim in the pool is completed in under 7 minutes 30 seconds and 200 metre time is under 3 minutes 30 seconds. (This is the RNLI Standards but not essential to pass this course)
We also recommend having surfed or used a rescue board at least 5 times.
This course does not guarantee employment with the RNLI lifeguards but will give you the best opportunity possible.
The NVBLQ covers all elements of beach lifeguard theory, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, pool skills and open water skills. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times and lifting. The NVBLQ is comprised of four modules and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
• Module 1 – Beach Lifeguarding – Knowledge and Understanding
• Module 2 – Life Support and First Aid
• Module 3– Ocean Skils
• Module 4 – Pool Skills
• Includes AED Training
The NVBLQ assessment takes place at the end of the course. It determines your competence, skills and knowledge of working as a beach lifeguard and assesses your ability to apply the skills and knowledge in a beach environment.
The assessment is split into five elements:
• Beach Lifeguard and First Aid Theory
• Life Support and First Aid
• First Aid Practical
• Ocean Skills
• Pool Skills