RLSS Beach Lifeguard Course (NVBLQ) 20TH - 25TH JUNE 2022
This product is sold out
NVBLQ Course Pre-Requisites
Every candidate attending a NVBLQ course must:
◦ Before the course, candidates must be able to swim 400 metres in a pool (recommended 25 metres, but no less than 20 metres) in eight minutes or less using a continuous front stroke and showing urgency.
◦ Be 16-years-old
◦ Have a good level of fitness
◦ Surface dive to a depth of 1.5 metres
◦ Tread water for two minutes
◦ Climb out of deep water unaided and without steps
◦ Be competent at swimming in the sea
For the assessment, candidates must be able to swim 400 metres in a pool (recommended 25 metres, but no less than 20 metres) in eight minutes or less using a continuous front stroke and showing urgency.
Fitness standard not being met will mean new full course fee will be charged to book into a new course if there is availability.
We recommend that 400 metres timed swim in the pool is completed in under 7 minutes 30 seconds and 200 metre time is under 3 minutes 30 seconds. (This is the RNLI Standards but not essential to pass this course) We also recommend having surfed or used a rescue board at least 5 times. This course does not guarantee employment with the RNLI lifeguards but will give you the best opportunity possible.
Read our term and conditions
Location : Portrush
Timetable is 09.00 - 17.00 but is subject to change , exact timings and location will be emailed when we receive your booking and enrolment forms.
The NVBLQ covers all elements of beach lifeguard theory, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, pool skills and open water skills. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times and lifting. The NVBLQ is comprised of four modules and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
• Module 1 – Beach Lifeguarding – Knowledge and Understanding
• Module 2 – Life Support and First Aid
• Module 3– Ocean Skils
• Module 4 – Pool Skills
• Includes AED Training
The NVBLQ assessment takes place at the end of the course. It determines your competence, skills and knowledge of working as a beach lifeguard and assesses your ability to apply the skills and knowledge in a beach environment.
The assessment is split into five elements:
• Beach Lifeguard and First Aid Theory
• Life Support and First Aid
• First Aid Practical
• Ocean Skills
• Pool Skills