RLSS Open Water Lifeguard Course , Share Discovery Village, Lisnaskea
The Open Water Lifeguard Qualification, delivered over three days, is valid for two years and is independently assessed. The candidate manual and trainer resources help the Open Water Lifeguard Trainer Assessor deliver through the three sections:
Section 1 - The Open Water Lifeguard, environment, hazards and supervision.
Section 2 - Responding to an emergency and taking action.
Section 3 - CPR and First Aid.
New candidates: 18hrs + Assessment
Renewal candidates: 10hrs + Assessment
- Must be 16 years of age at the date of assessment
- Be able to meet the following criteria:
- Confident in open water
- Able to swim at least 400 metres in a pool/open water swimming continuously on their front and showing urgency
- Able to submerge under the water confidently
- Must complete minimum guided learning hours
- Successfully complete the course assessment
location : Share Discovery Village, Lisnaskea